Beet Root Juice Powder - Organic
- Our Beetroot Juice Powder is a source of potassium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, and calcium as well as vitamin A, B, and C.
- Beets are a source of phytonutrients called betalains which give beets their dark red color.
- Beetroot Juice Powder is a wonderful nourishing tonic that may support the healthy building of blood...
Earn a Discount!
Click the icons below to let people know about ZNF and receive a $1.00 discount coupon each time you share. 1$
Organic, non-GMO, raw Beetroot Juice Powder provides a wide range of nutrients, but its most significant phytochemical is betaine. This plant chemical may support liver and kidney health by recycling the amino acid methionine to maintain the body's stores of s-adenosylmethionine, more commonly known as SAM-e. Betaine may also support the liver’s ability to process fat. This may possibly prevent the accumulation of fatty tissues in the liver, especially in heavy drinkers, and it also may support healthy lipid levels. The American Heart Association recommends beet juice to support healthy blood pressure levels.
Raw Organic Beetroot Juice Powder is a nourishing tonic that may support the building of blood, particularly improving the blood quality in women. It also may support a healthy blood pH balance (reducing acidity) and healthy circulation. Beetroot has been used historically used to possibly support a healthy detoxification process of the hepatic system. This powder tends to clump. If clumping occurs, lay the bag on a flat surface and place a towel over the bag. Then pound on the bag until the clumps break up. The towel will help protect the bag from damage.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Beetroot Juice Powder may include:
- May support a healthy renal system
- May support a healthy detoxification response
- Source of betaine, which plays an important role in the health of the cardiovascular system
- Source of folate (also known as vitamin B9 and natural folic acid)
- Source of pectin and zinc
- May support the normalization of blood pH levels
- May help to support healthy blood pressure levels
- Source of dimethylglycine (DMG) which may support a healthy heart
Constituents of Beetroot include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta Carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
- Fatty Acids: Phytosterols
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
- Flavones: Luteolin
- Flavonols: Quercetin
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Due to its nature, this powder tends to clump. If clumping occurs, lay the bag on a flat surface and place a towel over the bag. Then pound on the bag until the clumps break up. The towel will help protect the bag from damage.
Suggested Use: One tablespoon twice daily. One tablespoon of powder provides nutrition of one beet. Use to add flavor, color, and nutrition to any recipe.
Mixing suggestion: To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic carrot and spinach powder.
Botanical Name: Beta vulgaris.
Other Names: Garden Beet, Sugar Beet, Spinach Beet, White Beet, Mangel Wurzel, Sea Beet, Remolacha.
Parts Used: Beet Root.
Ingredients: Organic Raw Beet Root Juice and maltodextrin.
Origin: Grown and dried in China. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: Certified USDA Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
California Residents: Click to view California Proposition 65 WARNING.
1. Al-Dosari, M., Alqasoumi, S., Ahmad, M., Al-Yahya, M., Ansari, N., & Rafatullah, S. (2011). Effect of beta vulgaris l. on cholesterol rich diet-induced hypercholesterolemia in rats. Farmacia, 59(5), 669-678
2. Basic report, 11080, beets, raw. (n.d.)
3. Cermak, N. M., Gibala, M. J., & van Loon, L. J. (2012, February). Nitrate supplementation’s improvement of 10-km time-trial performance in trained cyclists [Abstract]. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 22(1), 64-71
4. Coggan, A. R., Leibowitz, J. L., Anderson Spearie, C., Kadkhodavan, A., Thomas, D. P., Ramamurthy, S., … Peterson, L. R. (2015). Acute dietary nitrate intake improves muscle contractile function in patients with heart failure. Circulation: Heart Failure, 8, 914-921
5. Craig, S. A. (2004, September). Betaine in human nutrition. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 80(3), 539-549
6. Drinking a cup of beetroot juice daily may help lower blood pressure. (2013, April 15)
7. Folate fact sheet for consumers. (2016, April 20)
8. Gandia-Herrero, F., Escribano, J., & Garcia-Carmona, F. (2014, August). Biological activities of plant pigments betalains. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 56(6), 937-945
9. How does the liver work? (2016, August 22)
10. Klewicka, E., Zdu?czyk, Z., Ju?kiewicz, J., & Klewicki, R. (2015). Effects of lactofermented beetroot juice alone or with N-nitroso-N-methylurea on selected metabolic parameters, composition of the microbiota adhering to the gut epithelium and antioxidant status of rats. Nutrients, 7(7), 5905–5915
11. Mayo Clinic Staff. (2015, February 26). Kidney: Causes
12. Mayo Clinic Staff. (2015, February 26). Kidney stones: Prevention
13. Potassium test. (2015, February 10)
14. Presley, T. D., Morgan, A. R., Bechtold, E., Clodfelter, W., Dove, R. W., Jennings, J. M., Kraft, R. A., … Miller, G. D. (2011, January 1). Acute effect of a high nitrate diet on brain perfusion in older adults. Nitric Oxide, 24(1), 34-42
17. Mills KT, Bundy JD, Kelly TN, Reed JE, Kearney PM, Reynolds K, Chen J, He J. Global disparities of hypertension prevalence and control: a systematic analysis of population-based studies from 90 countries. Circulation 2016;134:441–50.
18. Bronsert MR, Henderson WG, Valuck R, Hosokawa P, Hammermeister K. Comparative effectiveness of antihypertensive therapeutic classes and treatment strategies in initiation of therapy in primary care patients: a Distributed Ambulatory Research in Therapeutics Network (DARTNet) Study. J Am Board Fam Med 2013;26:529–38.
19. Paz MA, de-La-Sierra A, Sáez M, Barceló MA, Rodríguez JJ, Castro S, Lagarón C, Garrido JM, Vera P, Coll-de-Tuero G. Treatment efficacy of anti-hypertensive drugs in monotherapy or combination: ATOM systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials according to PRISMA statement. Medicine 2016;95:e4071.
20. Nahas R. Complementary and alternative medicine approaches to blood pressure reduction: an evidence-based review. Can Fam Physician 2008;54:1529–33.
21. Brook RD, Appel LJ, Rubenfire M, Ogedegbe G, Bisognano JD, Elliott WJ, Fuchs FD, Hughes JW, Lackland DT, Staffileno BA, et al. Beyond medications and diet: alternative approaches to lowering blood pressure: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Hypertension 2013;61:1360–83.
22. Affourtit C, Bailey SJ, Jones AM, Smallwood MJ, Winyard PG. On the mechanism by which dietary nitrate improves human skeletal muscle function. Front Physiol 2015;6:211.
23. Aucouturier J, Boissiere J, Pawlak-Chaouch M, Cuvelier G, Gamelin FX. Effect of dietary nitrate supplementation on tolerance to supramaximal intensity intermittent exercise. Nitric Oxide 2015;49:16–25.
24. Coles LT, Clifton PM. Effect of beetroot juice on lowering blood pressure in free-living, disease-free adults: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Nutr J 2012;11:106.
25. Gilchrist M, Winyard PG, Aizawa K, Anning C, Shore A, Benjamin N. Effect of dietary nitrate on blood pressure, endothelial function, and insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetes. Free Radic Biol Med 2013;60:89–97.
26. Kapil V, Khambata RS, Robertson A, Caulfield MJ, Ahluwalia A. Dietary nitrate provides sustained blood pressure lowering in hypertensive patients: a randomized, phase 2, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Hypertension 2015;65:320–7.
27. Lundberg JO, Weitzberg E, Gladwin MT. The nitrate-nitrite-nitric oxide pathway in physiology and therapeutics. Nat Rev Drug Discov 2008;7:156–67.
28. Webb AJ, Patel N, Loukogeorgakis S, Okorie M, Aboud Z, Misra S, Rashid R, Miall P, Deanfield J, Benjamin N, et al. Acute blood pressure lowering, vasoprotective, and antiplatelet properties of dietary nitrate via bioconversion to nitrite. Hypertension 2008;51:784–90.
29. Vanhatalo A, Bailey SJ, Blackwell JR, DiMenna FJ, Pavey TG, Wilkerson DP, Benjamin N, Winyard PG, Jones AM. Acute and chronic effects of dietary nitrate supplementation on blood pressure and the physiological responses to moderate-intensity and incremental exercise. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2010;299:R1121–31.
30. Hobbs DA, Kaffa N, George TW, Methven L, Lovegrove JA. Blood pressure-lowering effects of beetroot juice and novel beetroot-enriched breads in normotensive male subjects. Br J Nutr 2012;108:2066–74.
31. Siervo M, Lara J, Ogbonmwan I, Mathers JC. Inorganic nitrate and beetroot juice supplementation reduces blood pressure in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Nutr 2013;143:818–26.
32. Ashor AW, Lara J, Siervo M. Medium-term effects of dietary nitrate supplementation on systolic and diastolic blood pressure in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Hypertens 2017;35:1353–9.
33. Singh B, Hathan BS. Chemical composition, functional properties and processing of beetroot—a review. Int J Sci Eng Res 2014;5:679–84.
34. Moher D, Shamseer L, Clarke M, Ghersi D, Liberati A, Petticrew M, Shekelle P, Stewart LA. Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015 statement. Syst Rev 2015;4:1.
35. Berger VW, Alperson SY. A general framework for the evaluation of clinical trial quality. Rev Recent Clin Trials 2009;4:79–88.
36. Higgins JPT, Thompson SG, Deeks JJ, Altman DG. Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. BMJ 2003;327:557–60.
37. Bailey SJ, Winyard P, Vanhatalo A, Blackwell JR, Dimenna FJ, Wilkerson DP, Tarr J, Benjamin N, Jones AM. Dietary nitrate supplementation reduces the O2 cost of low-intensity exercise and enhances tolerance to high-intensity exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985) 2009;107:1144–55.
38. Lansley KE, Winyard PG, Fulford J, Vanhatalo A, Bailey SJ, Blackwell JR, DiMenna FJ, Gilchrist M, Benjamin N, Jones AM. Dietary nitrate supplementation reduces the O2 cost of walking and running: a placebo-controlled study. J Appl Physiol (1985) 2011;110:591–600.
39. Cermak NM, Gibala MJ, Van Loon LJC. Nitrate supplementation's improvement of 10-km time-trial performance in trained cyclists. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2012;22:64–71.
40. Kelly J, Fulford J, Vanhatalo A, Blackwell JR, French O, Bailey SJ, Gilchrist M, Winyard PG, Jones AM. Effects of short-term dietary nitrate supplementation on blood pressure, O2 uptake kinetics, and muscle and cognitive function in older adults. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2013;304:R73–83.
41. Jajja A, Sutyarjoko A, Lara J, Rennie K, Brandt K, Qadir O, Siervo M. Beetroot supplementation lowers daily systolic blood pressure in older, overweight subjects. Nutr Res 2014;34:868–75.
42. Ashor AW, Jajja A, Sutyarjoko A, Brandt K, Qadir O, Lara J, Siervo M. Effects of beetroot juice supplementation on microvascular blood flow in older overweight and obese subjects: a pilot randomised controlled study. J Hum Hypertens 2015;29:511–3.
43. Aucouturier J, Boissière J, Pawlak-Chaouch M, Cuvelier G, Gamelin FX. Effect of dietary nitrate supplementation on tolerance to supramaximal intensity intermittent exercise. Nitric Oxide 2015;49:16–25.
44. Bondonno CP, Liu AH, Croft KD, Ward NC, Shinde S, Moodley Y, Lundberg JO, Puddey IB, Woodman RJ, Hodgson JM. Absence of an effect of high nitrate intake from beetroot juice on blood pressure in treated hypertensive individuals: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2015;102:368–75.
45. Lara J, Ogbonmwan I, Oggioni C, Zheng D, Qadir O, Ashor A, Brandt K, Mathers JC, Siervo M. Effects of handgrip exercise or inorganic nitrate supplementation on 24-h ambulatory blood pressure and peripheral arterial function in overweight and obese middle age and older adults: a pilot RCT. Maturitas 2015;82:228–35.
46. Lee JS, Stebbins CL, Jung E, Nho H, Kim JK, Chang MJ, Choi HM. Effects of chronic dietary nitrate supplementation on the hemodynamic response to dynamic exercise. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2015;309:R459–66.
47. Shepherd AI, Wilkerson DP, Dobson L, Kelly J, Winyard PG, Jones AM, Benjamin N, Shore AC, Gilchrist M. The effect of dietary nitrate supplementation on the oxygen cost of cycling, walking performance and resting blood pressure in individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a double blind placebo controlled, randomised control trial. Nitric Oxide 2015;48:31–7.
48. Bailey SJ, Blackwell JR, Wylie LJ, Holland T, Winyard PG, Jones AM. Improvement in blood pressure after short-term inorganic nitrate supplementation is attenuated in cigarette smokers compared to non-smoking controls. Nitric Oxide 2016;61:29–37.
49. Eggebeen J, Kim-Shapiro DB, Haykowsky M, Morgan TM, Basu S, Brubaker P, Rejeski J, Kitzman DW. One week of daily dosing with beetroot juice improves submaximal endurance and blood pressure in older patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction. JACC Heart Fail 2016;4:428–37.
50. Velmurugan S, Gan JM, Rathod KS, Khambata RS, Ghosh SM, Hartley A, Van Eijl S, Sagi-Kiss V, Chowdhury TA, Curtis M, et al. Dietary nitrate improves vascular function in patients with hypercholesterolemia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Am J Clin Nutr 2016;103:25–38.
51. Bailey SJ, Fulford J, Vanhatalo A, Winyard PG, Blackwell JR, DiMenna FJ, Wilkerson DP, Benjamin N, Jones AM. Dietary nitrate supplementation enhances muscle contractile efficiency during knee-extensor exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985) 2010;109:135–48.
52. Haider G, Folland JP. Nitrate supplementation enhances the contractile properties of human skeletal muscle. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2014;46:2234–43.
53. Kerley CP, Dolan E, Cormican L. Nitrate-rich beetroot juice selectively lowers ambulatory pressures and LDL cholesterol in uncontrolled but not controlled hypertension: a pilot study. Ir J Med Sci 2017 Jan 3 (Epub ahead of print; DOI: 10.1007/s11845-016-1551-2).
54. Bailey SJ, Blackwell JR, Wylie LJ, Emery A, Taylor E, Winyard PG, Jones AM. Influence of iodide ingestion on nitrate metabolism and blood pressure following short-term dietary nitrate supplementation in healthy normotensive adults. Nitric Oxide 2017;63:13–20.
55. Asgary S, Afshani MR, Sahebkar A, Keshvari M, Taheri M, Jahanian E, Rafieian-Kopaei M, Malekian F, Sarrafzadegan N. Improvement of hypertension, endothelial function and systemic inflammation following short-term supplementation with red beet (Beta vulgaris L.) juice: a randomized crossover pilot study. J Hum Hypertens 2016;30:627–32.
56. Chobanian AV, Bakris GL, Black HR, Cushman WC, Green LA, Izzo JLJr, Jones DW, Materson BJ, Oparil S, Wright JTJr, et al. The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure: the JNC 7 report. JAMA 2003;289:2560–72.
57. Clifford T, Howatson G, West DJ, Stevenson EJ. The potential benefits of red beetroot supplementation in health and disease. Nutrients 2015;7:2801–22.
58. Siervo M, Lara J, Jajja A, Sutyarjoko A, Ashor AW, Brandt K, Qadir O, Mathers JC, Benjamin N, Winyard PG, et al. Ageing modifies the effects of beetroot juice supplementation on 24-hour blood pressure variability: an individual participant meta-analysis. Nitric Oxide 2015;47:97–105.
59. Larsen, F.J., et al., Effects of dietary nitrate on oxygen cost during exercise. Acta Physiol (Oxf), 2007. 191(1): p. 59-66.
60. McMahon, N.F., M.D. Leveritt, and T.G. Pavey, The Effect of Dietary Nitrate Supplementation on Endurance Exercise Performance in Healthy Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Sports Med, 2017. 47(4): p. 735-756.
61. Lidder, S. and A.J. Webb, Vascular effects of dietary nitrate (as found in green leafy vegetables and beetroot) via the nitrate-nitrite-nitric oxide pathway. Br J Clin Pharmacol, 2013. 75(3): p. 677-96.
62. Dominguez, R., et al., Effects of Beetroot Juice Supplementation on Cardiorespiratory Endurance in Athletes. A Systematic Review. Nutrients, 2017. 9(1).
63. Jones, A.M., Dietary nitrate supplementation and exercise performance. Sports Med, 2014. 44 Suppl 1: p. S35-45.
64. Peeling, P., et al., Beetroot Juice Improves On-Water 500 M Time-Trial Performance, and Laboratory-Based Paddling Economy in National and International-Level Kayak Athletes. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 2015. 25(3): p. 278-84.
65. Jonvik, K.L., et al., Nitrate-Rich Vegetables Increase Plasma Nitrate and Nitrite Concentrations and Lower Blood Pressure in Healthy Adults. J Nutr, 2016. 146(5): p. 986-93.
66. Webb, A.J., et al., Acute blood pressure lowering, vasoprotective, and antiplatelet properties of dietary nitrate via bioconversion to nitrite. Hypertension, 2008. 51(3): p. 784-90.
67. Thompson, K.G., et al., Influence of dietary nitrate supplementation on physiological and cognitive responses to incremental cycle exercise. Respir Physiol Neurobiol, 2014. 193: p. 11-20.
68. Kelly, J., et al., Effects of nitrate on the power-duration relationship for severe-intensity exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 2013. 45(9): p. 1798-806.
69. Govoni, M., et al., The increase in plasma nitrite after a dietary nitrate load is markedly attenuated by an antibacterial mouthwash. Nitric Oxide, 2008. 19(4): p. 333-7.
70. Glaister, M., et al., Effects of Dietary Nitrate, Caffeine, and Their Combination on 20-km Cycling Time Trial Performance. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 2015. 29(1): p. 165-174.
71. Dewhurst-Trigg, R., et al., Lowering of blood pressure after nitrate-rich vegetable consumption is abolished with the co-ingestion of thiocyanate-rich vegetables in healthy normotensive males. Nitric Oxide, 2018. 74: p. 39-46.
72. Jonvik, K.L., et al., Repeated-sprint performance and plasma responses following beetroot juice supplementation do not differ between recreational, competitive and elite sprint athletes. Eur J Sport Sci, 2018: p. 1-10.
73. Woessner, M.N., et al., Dietary Nitrate supplementation in Cardiovascular Health: An ergogenic aid or exercise therapeutic? Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 2017: p. ajpheart 00414 2017.
74. E. J. Gallardo and A. R. Coggan, “Title: What’s in Your Beet Juice? Nitrate and Nitrite Content of Beet Juice Products Marketed to Athletes,” 2018.