Cardamom Seed Powder - Organic
- This seed pod which is native to the evergreen rain forest has been known for centuries for its culinary and medicinal properties.
- When combined with cinnamon and cloves you have a powerful chai drink.
- This spicy pod with a kick contains a wonderful array of essential volatile oils which are the true medicinal properties used to support overall wellbeing...More Info
Earn a Discount!
Click the icons below to let people know about ZNF and receive a $1.00 discount coupon each time you share. 1$
The cardamom plant grows up to 4 meters in length in thick clumps and starts bearing its prized seed pods soon after about two years of plantation. Each pod measures about 1-2 cm in length. It is comprised of a three-sided pod with a thin, yet tough papery outer cover. Inside, tiny, deep-brown to black, aromatic seeds are arranged in vertical rows with each grain ensheathed again inside a very thin membrane.
While most traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine, many of the possible supportive properties have been noted to be in the powerful volatile oils.
Some of those constituents include: pinene, sabinene, myrcene, phellandrene, limonene, 1, 8-cineole, terpinene, p-cymene, terpinolene, linalool, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-oil, a-terpineol, a-terpineol acetate, citronellol, nerol, geraniol, methyl eugenol, and trans-nerolidol.
Cardamom is a natural source of some of the most important minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
In fact, 100 grams of the pods contain 1119 mg of potassium, 383 mgs calcium and 229 mgs of magnesium. Some other impressive numbers that this tiny powerpod is showing are iron 13.97 mgs, phosphorus 178 mgs and zinc 7.47 mgs.
While black pepper is known as the “King of spices”, cardamom is the queen. Not only is this spice a great way to kick up the flavor of animal protein but, it has been traditionally used in the middle east as a coffee substitute.
When combined with cinnamon and cloves you have a powerful chai drink.
In the culinary world this spice is often used in both sweet dishes like traditional desserts and savory dishes which may include rice, meat and lentils.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Raw Organic Decorticated Cardamom Seed Powder may include:*
- Supporting oral health May Support healthy digestion May support the body's ability to heal mouth ulcers May neutralize the toughest bad breath May support healthy kidney function Traditionally used as a tonic
Constituents: a-terpineol 45%, myrcene 27%, limonene 8%, menthone 6%, ß-phellandrene 3%, 1,8-cineol 2%, sabinene 2% and heptane 2%, 1,8-cineol (20 to 50%), a-terpenylacetate (30%), sabinene, limonene (2 to 14%), and borneol.
Suggested Use: Add a dash or more to recipes or drinks.
Miscellaneous facts about our Raw, Decorticated, Organic Cardamom Seed Powder
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Ingredients: Raw Organic Decorticated Cardamom Seed Powder.
Parts Used: Cardamon Seed.
Botanical Name: Elettaria cardamomum.
Other Names: Cardamon, cardamomum, kardamomon, kardamon, amomon.
Origin: Grown and dried in Nicaragua. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our Organic Cardamom Seed Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your Organic Cardamom Seed Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.