Blackberry Powder - Premium Select
- The blackberry fruit rank highly among fruits for antioxidant strength
- Our raw premium select fresh blackberry powder contains the entire fruit and seed so you get all the nutrition this amazing fruit has to offer.
- The seeds contain some oil which is rich in omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and omega-6 fats (linoleic acid) as well as some protein, dietary fiber, carotenoids, ellagitannins and ellagic acid...
Earn a Discount!
Click the icons below to let people know about ZNF and receive a $1.00 discount coupon each time you share. 1$
Powerful, richly colored berries - high in fiber and antioxidants
Beyond their rich flavor, a handful of these delicious berries provides a powerful team of nutrients including vitamin C, folate, potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
To top it off, one cup or a handful of blackberries supplies 8 grams of fiber, including cholesterol-lowering pectin. The fiber-rich seeds contain high levels of ellagic acid, a potent antioxidant that battles mutated cells in many different ways. Blackberries with their high fiber content may reduce the risk of developing diabetes and intestinal disease such as diverticulosis, as well as possibly thwart obesity.
The deep blue and purple colors of blackberries top the charts as the leading disease fighting pigment. Foods rich in this brilliant blue color, the anthocyanin pigment, may quench more free radicals in the body than any other food, protecting against all disease. Cooking does not seem to destroy ellagic acid, so even blackberry jams and desserts retain ellagic acid health benefits. Interestingly, blackberries are a natural source of salicylate, an active substance found in aspirin. Potential benefits have yet to be explored, and some experts advise caution to particularly aspirin-sensitive individuals.
Berries have recently been pinpointed as a leading source of compounds thought to produce health benefits for women, due to their high concentrations of phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens, literally "plant estrogens," have been of interest to the scientific community because of their possible role in the prevention of both breast and cervical mutations. Studies now indicate that berries may contain some of the highest levels of phytoestrogens. These compounds act as a natural form of estrogen. During studies at the University of Helsinki in Finland, scientists measured eight different berries for their phytoestrogen level and concluded that blackberries had the highest level of phytoestrogens followed by strawberries.
Blackberries are considered to be an astringent because of their high tannin content. Studies show that tannins may tighten tissue, deter minor bleeding and possibly help to alleviate diarrhea and intestinal inflammation. German health authorities recommend blackberries for mild infections including sore throats and mouth irritations. Traditionally, blackberries have been used to alleviate hemorrhoids because of their rich tannin content.
Blackberries rank highly among fruits for antioxidant strength, particularly due to their dense contents of polyphenolic compounds, such as ellagic acid, tannins, ellagitannins, quercetin, gallic acid, anthocyanins, and cyanidins. Blackberries have an ORAC value (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) of 5347 per 100 grams, including them among the top-ranked ORAC fruits. Another report using a different assay for assessing antioxidant strength placed blackberry at the top of more than 1000 antioxidant foods consumed in the United States.
So that you don't get confused (and it's easy to) blackberries are not the same as black raspberries. They taste different and blackberries have a solid center, whereas raspberries are hollow when picked. Blackberries contain numerous large seeds that are not always preferred by consumers. The seeds contain some oil which is rich in omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and omega-6 fats (linoleic acid) as well as some protein, dietary fiber, carotenoids, ellagitannins and ellagic acid. Our raw premium select blackberry powder contains the entire fruit and seed, so you get all the nutrition this amazing fruit has to offer.
Today, many healthcare practitioners talk about the importance of antioxidants in forestalling the aging process. Through the years, your body deteriorates due to the effects of oxidation. Antioxidants may fight the process of aging by fighting off the diseases associated with old age. Antioxidants may neutralize free radicals; free radicals may damage DNA molecules and lead to cell destruction. They may also counteract environmental carcinogens; protect against cardiovascular disease; fight sun damage to skin; may thwart the effects of Alzheimer's and other age-related disorders. Blackberries are among the top ten foods containing the highest antioxidant levels.
Some possible health benefits and traditional uses of Raw Blackberry Powder may include:
- Concentrations of phytoestrogens - natural plant estrogens that act as a natural form of estrogen
- One of the few fruits that contain heart-protective Vitamin E
- May support strong blood vessels
- May be applied externally for the possible treatment of wounds
- Source of soluble fiber, such as pectin
- Good natural source of vitamin C, folate, potassium, manganese and magnesium
- Natural source of salicylate, an active substance found in aspirin
- May support healthy eyesight
- Good natural source of polyphenolic compounds (tannins, quercetin, carotenoids, ellagitannins, gallic acid, anthocyanins, cyanidins)
- Possibly helps to reduce the risk of heart disease
- Good natural source of ellagic acid
- Maybe helpful in alleviating diarrhea, weak stomachs, inflamed throat and laryngitis
Constituents of Blackberries include:
- Carbohydrates, Fiber, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Galactose
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta-carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol, Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
- Anthocyanidins: Cyanidin, Pelargonidin, Peonidin
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin, Epicatechin, Epigallocatechin 3-Gallate, Epigallocatechin
- Flavonols: Kaempferol, Myricetin, Quercetin
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers, Proanthocyanidin Trimers, Proanthocyanidin 4-6mers, Proanthocyanidin 7-10mers, Proanthocyanidin (>10mers)
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch:
Due to its nature, this powder tends to clump. If clumping occurs, lay the bag on a flat surface and place a towel over the bag. Then pound on the bag until the clumps break up. The towel will help protect the bag from damage. To further reduce clumping push as much air out as possible before sealing the pouch and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt, or add to your favorite smoothie or recipes.
Miscellaneous Facts about our raw, Blackberry Powder
Ingredients: Blackberry Fruit.
Parts Used: Whole Blackberry.
Botanical Name: Rubus spp.
Other Names: Scaldhead, Himalayan blackberry, Himalayaberry, caneberries, brambles.
Origin: Grown and dried in the Chile Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness
- Our raw, Blackberry Powder is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep your raw, Blackberry Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed:
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
California Residents: Click to view California Proposition 65 WARNING.