Essiac Tea - Organic
- Organic Essiac Tea is a blend created and made famous by Rene Caisse.
- Our version follows the original recipe and uses only premium quality certified organic herbs for maximum effect...More Info
Earn a Discount!
Click the icons below to let people know about ZNF and receive a $1.00 discount coupon each time you share. 1$
This amazing herbal formula has a very interesting story behind it. All you need to do is google essiac tea and you will be captivated for months on end reading about this truly life changing herbal formula. Essiac, was put together from an indian medicine man who used the formula to heal his tribe of all that ailed them. The original formula actually had eight herbs in it: burdock root, kelp, red clover, sheep sorrel, slippery elm, turkey rhubarb, watercress, blessed thistle.
A canadian nurse by the name of Rene Caisse found out about the formula in 1922 through one of her patients. This patient actually learned about it from that same Indian medicine man who told her that she had a cellular mutation. While the patient was skeptical of what the medicine man told her, she went to her doctor for some tests only to find out the medicine man was right. Rene, had written down the formula and tucked it away in case she needed it for herself at some point. Not long after, Rene’s aunt was diagnosed with a cellular mutation so naturally she made her aunt the formula. After starting the formula, she lived another 21 years and never had another run in with the condition again.
For the next 40 plus years Rene used this formula in a clinical setting with amazing results for thousands and thousands of people. Many institutions including Sloan Kettering had used it in studies and concluded that it is a very effective treatment for a variety of cellular mutations. Over the years, Caisse had changed the formula as she felt that the four herbs that we know as essiac today were the real powerhouses in the formula. The 4 main herbs she used were burdock, slippery elm, sheep sorrel and turkey rhubarb. Interestingly enough, the name of the formula came from her name spelled backwards. Caisse is essiac spelled backwards.
This is a naturally caffeine free organic loose tea blend.
Suggested Use: Below are the exact directions on how to make essiac tea.
Put water into pot and bring to a boil.
Steep 1 1/2 teaspoons of loose tea per cup in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, scrape down the sides of the pot and allow the tea to sit, covered, room temperature, for 10-12 hours. Do not steep for longer than 18 hrs.
Stir, put the lid back on, and heat the tea in the covered pot until steaming hot, but not boiling.
Allow the tea to sit covered and undisturbed for several minutes so that the herbs will settle to the bottom of the pot.
Place funnel and strainer on top of preheated canning jars. (Alternately, you can use a glass measuring cup to pour the tea into the jars.)
Carefully pour off (decant) the liquid from the pot into the canning jars. Some sediment will be in the bottom or the jars - this is completely normal. Do not strain the sediment out with anything finer than a kitchen sieve - do not use cheesecloth.
Screw the lids on, allow to cool and then refrigerate. The rest of the sediment remaining in the kettle can be used for poultices (add powdered slippery elm bark for a more paste-like consistency) or can be discarded.
Parts Used: Raw Burdock Root, Raw Sheep Sorrel Leaves, Raw Indian Rhubarb Root, Raw Slippery Elm Bark.
Ingredients: Organic Burdock, Organic Sheep Sorrel, Organic Indian Rhubarb, Organic Slippery Elm.
Origin: Grown and dried in USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
California Residents: Click to view California Proposition 65 WARNING.
1. Barrett, Stephen (July 27, 2010). "Questionable Cancer Therapies: Essiac". Quackwatch. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
2. "Patient Information: Essiac/Flor Essence". National Cancer Institute. July 21, 2010. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
3. "Questions and Answers About Essiac and Flor Essence". National Cancer Institute. February 19, 2013. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
4. "187 Fake Cancer "Cures" Consumers Should Avoid". Guidance, Compliance & Regulatory Information. USFDA. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
5. "Essiac tea". American Cancer Society - Complementary and Alternative Medicine. American Cancer Society. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
6. "Essiac". Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. March 10, 2011. Retrieved December 15, 2012.