Wheatgrass Powder - Organic
- An easy way to enjoy all the wonderful benefits of this incredible green food
- A vegan food that is rich in high quality plant protein (Also vegetarian)
- All eight essential amino acids, plus 13 more!
- So much nutrition it has most vitamins and minerals... More info
Earn a Discount!
Click the icons below to let people know about ZNF and receive a $1.00 discount coupon each time you share. 1$
Make your own supergreens wheatgrass shots
Organic raw wheatgrass powder may support a healthy detoxification response of the liver, blood, and gastrointestinal tract. The enzymes and amino acids found in wheatgrass may support the body's ability to fight off free radicals and carcinogens. Wheatgrass may also support a healthy metabolic response and the body's enzyme systems by supporting a healthy red blood-cell count. It may also support healthy blood pressure levels by possibly supporting the dilation the blood pathways throughout the body. Recent studies suggest that wheatgrass may support a healthy immune system response.
Wheatgrass Green Powder: Convenient and Incredibly high in Nutrition
Wheatgrass Powder should not be confused with Wheatgrass Juice Powder. Wheatgrass Powder is made by drying the whole grass leaf and then milling it into a fine powder. Wheatgrass Juice Powder is made by first juicing the Wheatgrass and removing all of the cellulose so a pure juice concentrate is left. Then the juice is dried into a powder.
Raw and Super Green: More Benefits of wheatgrass powder
Wheatgrass is rich in protein and includes all eight of the essential amino acids, as well as 13 of the remaining 16 non essential amino acids. Besides containing most vitamins, minerals and a natural source of living chlorophyll, organic wheatgrass has three other special components which make it particularly valuable:
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
- P4D1 Enzyme
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs)
Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) - The aging process has been directly linked to decreasing amounts of SOD in our system. Increased amounts of SOD cause our body to repair itself quicker. Additionally SOD may act to support a healthy inflammation response.
P4D1 Enzyme - P4D1 has been found to do two things in the human body. It is the first known substance to actually support the body’s ability to repair DNA molecules. It is possible that disease cells can be repaired with P4D1 so that when they reproduce they will actually produce good cells. P4D1 has also been shown in laboratory tests to eat the protein sheath off a unhealthy cell so that the white blood cells can attack and destroy them.
Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) - GAGs form an important component in the synovial fluid lubricant in body joints, and chondroitins which can be found in connective tissues, cartilage and tendons.
Some possible benefits of our Raw Organic Wheatgrass Powder may include:
- Naturally improve energy
- High in antioxidants
- May support healthy digestion & regularity
- May support the body's ability to neutralize toxins
- Alkalizing the internal body
- May support a healthy immune system response
- Providing raw building blocks for the hair, skin & nails
- May support a healthy detoxification response
- Promoting clear thinking
- May support a healthy aging process
Wheatgrass nutrition includes:
Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Chromium
Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Gamma Tocopherol, Delta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine, Beta-Alanine
Phytochemicals: Anthraquinones, Saponins, Avo-noids, Tannins, Alkaloids, Terpenoids, Phenolics, Superoxide Dismutase, P4D1, Muco-polysaccharides, Chlorophyll
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed
Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.
Suggested Use for your own high nutrition wheatgrass powder shots:
Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic STRAWBERRY POWDER.
Miscellaneous Facts about our Organic Raw Wheatgrass Powder
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic.
Ingredients: Organic Wheatgrass powder.
Parts Used: Wheatgrass.
Botanical Name: Triticum aestivum.
Other Names: Agropyron, Couchgrass, Cutch, Dog Grass, Durfa Grass, Quack Grass, Quitch Grass, Scotch Quelch, Twitchgrass, Witch Grass.
Origin: Grown and dried in USA. Packaged with care in Florida, USA.
How to Maintain Optimum Freshness:
- This product is packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness.
- Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing it in order to preserve maximum potency.
- Keep this product in a cool, dark, dry place.
- This product is natural and minimally processed.
- Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch. Go here to learn why our products may naturally vary.
The Important Protections we take to Bring you Safe & Nutritious Superfoods:
Please go here to discover the important steps we take to deliver fresh, quality nutrition.
Need to order a large quantity of our products? We’d be happy to help! Please contact our Bulk department to discuss the details.
California Residents: Click to view California Proposition 65 WARNING.
1. Murphy, Sean (2002-10-13). "Wheatgrass, healthy for the body and the bank account". ABC Landline. Retrieved 2006-10-06.
2. Meyerowitz, Steve (April 1999). "Nutrition in Grass". Wheatgrass Nature's Finest Medicine: The Complete Guide to Using Grass Foods & Juices to Revitalize Your Health (6th ed.). Book Publishing Company. p. 53. ISBN 1-878736-97-3.
3. "Site Dedication and Construction Preliminaries, 1921-1923". Ahr-kc.com. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
4."USDA Nutrient Database". Retrieved 2007-11-06.
5. "Wheatgrass". American Cancer Society. November 2008. Retrieved August 2013.
6. de Vogel, Johan; Denise S. M. L. Jonker-Termont, Martijn B. Katan,and Roelof van der Meer (August 2005). "Natural Chlorophyll but Not Chlorophyllin Prevents Heme-Induced Cytotoxic and Hyperproliferative Effects in Rat Colon". J. Nutr. (The American Society for Nutritional Sciences) 135 (8): 1995"“2000. PMID 16046728.
7. Ferruzzia, Mario G.; Blakesleeb, Joshua (January 2007). "Digestion, absorption, and cancer preventative activity of dietary chlorophyll derivatives". Nutrition Research 27 (1): 1"“12. doi:10.1016/j.nutres.2006.12.003.
8. "Wheat grass | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center". Mskcc.org. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
9. Ben-Arye, E; Goldin, E; Wengrower, D; Stamper, A; Kohn, R; Berry, E (April 2002). "Wheat grass juice in the treatment of active distal ulcerative colitis: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial". Scand J Gastroenterol 37 (4): 444"“9. doi:10.1080/003655202317316088. PMID 11989836.
10. Melina, Vesanto, MS, RD & Davis, Brenda, RD: "The New Becoming Vegetarian", page 186-187. Healthy Living Publications, 2003.
11. "Nutrition Facts and Analysis for wheat grass". Nutritiondata.self.com. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
12. Boardman, N.K. 1980. Energy from the biological conversion of solar energy. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. London A 295:477"“489.
13. Briggle, L.W. 1980. Introduction to energy use in wheat production. p. 109"“116. In: Pimenter, D. (ed.), Handbook of energy utilization in agriculture. CRC Press, Inc. Boca Raton, FL.
14. Briggle, L.W. 1981. Wheat. Triticum aestivum. p. 67"“70. In: McClure, T.A. and Lipinsky, E.S. (eds.), CRC handbook of biosolar resources. Vol. 11. Resource materials. CRC Press, Inc. Boca Raton, FL.
15. C.S.I.R. (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research). 1948"“1976. The wealth of India. 11 vols. New Delhi.
16. FAO. 1980a. 1979. Production yearbook. vol. 33. FAO, Rome.
17. Dibb, D.W. 1983. Agronomic systems to feed the next generation. Crops and Soils Mag. (Nov):5"“6.
18. Duke, J.A. 1978. The quest for tolerant germplasm. p. 1"“61. In: ASA Special Symposium 32, Crop tolerance to suboptimal land conditions. Am. Soc. Agron. Madison, WI.
19. Duke, J.A. 1981b. The gene revolution. Paper 1. p. 89"“150. In: Office of Technology Assessment, Background papers for innovative biological technologies for lesser developed countries. USGPO. Washington.
20. Duke, J.A. and Wain, K.K. 1981. Medicinal plants of the world. Computer index with more than 85,000 entries. 3 vols.
21. Gohl, B. 1981. Tropical feeds. Feed information summaries and nutritive values. FAO Animal Production and Health Series 12. FAO, Rome.
22. Hartwell, J.L. 1967"“1971. Plants used against cancer. A survey. Lloydia 30"“34.
23. Jenkins, B.M. and Ebeling, J.M. 1985. Thermochemical properties of biomass fuels. Calif. Agric. 39(5/6):14"“16.
24. Kvech, O. 1979. The importance of crop residues in rotations of an intense farming system. Rostlinna Vyroba 25(10):1013"“1022.
25. Palz, W. and Chartier, P. (eds.). 1980. Energy from biomass in Europe. Applied Science Publishers Ltd., London.
26. Reed, C.F. 1976. Information summaries on 1000 economic plants. Typescripts submitted to the USDA.
27. Stewart, G.A., Gartside, G., Gifford, R.M., Nix, H.A., Rawlins, W.H.M., and Siemon, J.R. 1979. The potential for liquid fuels from agriculture and forestry in Australia. CSIRO. Alexander Bros., Mentone, Victoria, Australia.
28. Watt, J.M. and Breyer-Brandwijk, M.G. 1962. The medicinal and poisonous plants of southern and eastern Africa. 2nd ed. E.&S. Livingstone, Ltd., Edinburgh and London.
Good product at a good priceI am always careful when I buy new wheatgrass brands because I never know what to expect. Many of the cheaper wheatgrass products have too much iron in the powder, which makes the taste extremely sour and hard to drink. This product on the other hand has a very mild and pleasant flavor, similar to the Amazing Wheatgrass brand product only at a much better price. I would definitely buy this product again